----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ethel Mae Farney

Ethel Mae Farney rests in the Sterling Mennonite Cemetery in Reno County, KS.

Update 10/27/08: I received my copy of Douglas Keister's new book "Forever Dixie" and was happy to find a similar picture of this symbol on page 166. It is a boat. According to Keister "...the boat also suggests a return to the cradle or womb..."

I have looked at this stone many times trying to determine what it means. I think I now have my answer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.