----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Friday, July 3, 2009

Project Value

This photo was taken today, 7/3/2009
Sylvia Cemetery
.


Today, I made a 50 mile round trip to look for the grave of someone I'm doing a case study on. The cemetery I visited is on my partially photographed list. (See label "photograph data", post dated 6/17, for more information). While there I noticed a headstone I remembered photographing on my visit in July 2006. As I got closer I was saddened to see that the photo was no longer visible on this headstone.

This was yet another reminder of the value in my attempt to photograph the cemeteries where I live. Despite the heat, bug bites, sunburn, twisted ankles, desolate dirt roads, cow poop, prairie grass, well - you get the idea, I am doing my part in preserving the silent cities of Reno County, Kansas. So, remember with each click of the button you too are doing your part.
.
These photos were taken July 2006


[BTW: The Silent Cities of Reno County, Kansas is the name of my book in progress]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.