----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Indian Agency Cemetery



I first located this cemetery on a post map. I was saddened upon arriving to find all of the graves covered. According to the information on the sign a preservation project is underway to restore the cemetery.



Also known as Comanche Mission Cemetery
Located on post at Ft. Sill, OK

UPDATE 1/22/2010
A few days after I posted this I was contacted by someone working on the restoration project. Mr. Wahnne Clark has been working with military officials since 2006 to restore the cemetery. A web site is in the works to chronicle the history and events. www.indianagencycemetery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.