Monday, March 22, 2010
Attica Cemetery Walk
This cemetery holds a very interesting headstone that I have blogged about before. Nathan Grigsby's headstone has a lot to tell us:
1. He went to school with the Lincoln's [as in Abraham Lincoln].
2. His brother, Aaron, married the oldest sister of Abe Lincoln. [Sarah was the only sibling of President Lincoln to live to adulthood].
3. He visited the white house.
4. Notes his service in the Civil War.
But the one that gives you a good laugh is...
5. His dying protest against the democratic party. Seems party divisions were alive and well in his time just like ours today.
I hope you'll stop by and see his headstone.
Take a walk - see more photos online.