----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Friday, March 19, 2010

Rural Alabama Cemetery



Before I came to enjoy spending time in cemeteries I was engrossed in climbing my family tree. In order to climb those branches I had to visit many resting places. A lot of them are in the rural areas of Alabama, Georgia and Florida. This is the New Hope PBC Cemetery located in SW Houston County, Alabama. My great grandfather, William Benjamin Howard, is buried here.

Clara Estelle Smith & William Benjamin Howard.
.
I have the original photos that were used to make this photo. Ben was not wearing any shoes in the picture used to copy him. And Clara had a child standing on each side. We called Clara "Momet" and she lived a good long life. I was blessed to know her for 15 years.

.

.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.