----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Boy in the Iron Coffin

William Taylor White - his body and iron coffin were lost for 150 years...

I read about this last year when it was published and would like to thank Tammi of Escape to the Silent Cities, for bringing it to my attention again. I told her that when I read it the first time I wanted to cry. I felt the same way in reading it again today. Here are a few links to read this incredible story.

Link 1

Link 2 with photo

Link 3

Link 4 with photo

Link 5 with photo

Link 6 with photos

This LINK has some amazing photos, including some from when William was found and his cenotaph.

There are countless other links out there on this amazing story.

THIS is why we do what we do. THIS is why we remember the dead. THIS is why we hunt for the lost. THIS is why we give the dead back their name. THIS is why we call them by name during our cemetery walks.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photos on that last link! glad you posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really amazing. I had never read about this boy before. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.