----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Friday, July 16, 2010

Angry


Just minutes after entering the Kelly Cemetery I saw this. I was so angry I wanted to scream. I have seen my share of cemeteries where the big old stones have been toppled over, but never this. Should I not be shocked? The person[s] that did this should be made to publicly apologize to any living family and the community. Then he/she should be ordered to do 5 years of community service in the local cemeteries, mowing, raking and trimming, with the work being inspected daily. And, they would need to make an annual contribution to the Association of Gravestone Studies [or like organization] for those same 5 years. It still makes me mad, because the others I didn't photograph had profanity written on them.

4 comments:

  1. It's horrifying Gale. There are some terrible people about!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable! Did you call the newspaper? The police? Saddest of all is that most people don't care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.