----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mocavo

While I was out of town a new genealogy search engine launched...

About Mocavo

The world’s largest free genealogy search engine, Mocavo.com, provides genealogists access to the best free genealogy content on the web including billions of names, dates and places worldwide. Mocavo.com seeks to index and make searchable all of the world’s free genealogy information. While Mocavo.com discovers new sites every day, some of the existing sites searchable on Mocavo.com include genealogy message boards, family trees, state and local historical societies, the Library of Congress, National Archives, Ellis Island, Find A Grave, the Internet Archive, various U.S. state archives, and many tens of thousands of genealogy sites built by individuals. Similar to other search engines, Mocavo.com honors site owners by linking directly to their content.
I searched for my blog and it didn't come up, but a link from the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery to my blog did. Perhaps it will get indexed soon. The search results happen fast.

 
I searched for my name and had 525 results. I didn't check all of them but those I did were for me on websites that I manage or posts and messages from days gone by. Other results:
 
Cemetery symbolism - 317
Kansas cemeteries - 1,725
Cemetery blog - 3,040
 
It will be interesting to see search results in the days ahead. Dick Eastman and Randy Seaver have reviews linked from the home page. Stop by and see how it can help you.

Read ABOUT Macavo on its blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.