----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Friday, July 8, 2011

What do you do?

I follow a lot of blogs. And on different subjects like: cemeteries, photography, genealogy, cooking, etc. I wonder if anyone ever looks through my list and finds one with an interesting name and clicks on it? Then I wonder what they think when they land on one, after another, that is stale and hasn't had a new post in a very long time. Do they bother with many more? Isn't this hurting those hidden jewels on my list that post and share good things on a regular basis?

I'm sure most people start blogs with good intentions only to let it fade to memory. A good example is when The Graveyard Rabbit Association hit the web and new blogs were popping up daily. Sadly, many of those blogs haven't had updates in a long, long time. I'm not picking on anyone, just using this group as an example since I'm posting this on my own cemetery blog. We all go through dry spells or life happens, like what is going on with my daddy's health that requires a lot of my time.

So, is it time to do some blog following cleaning? I think so. Not a fun task to add to my to-do list. But I think it will better serve me and others.

And, that leads me to wonder...do I follow your blog? If not, tell me so I can correct that. I appreciate each and every one of you that take time to read what I share.

What do you do, if anything, about your blog following list?

3 comments:

  1. I do click on blog followings that appear interesting - and you are right - sometimes they are old things. I am continually adding to and deleting from my following list as the blogs capture or lose my attention. This is a good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through people's lists of blogs they follow and add them to my reader, so I appreciate the trouble you're going to in order to keep things current. I blog at CemeteryTravel.com, focusing on cemeteries as travel destinations. So many cemeteries, too little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's disappointing to think you've just discovered a great blog--only to find that there has been no fresh content in well over a year.

    But you are right: Life happens. So I am happy to wait for weeks and months for new content on a favorite blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.