----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pioneers

and a little dust.

My cemetery buddy Kathleen and I haven't been on an outing this year due to many reasons. So, last week we made a day of it...ignoring, or trying to, the Kansas winds. Hard to do, but we visited 6 cemeteries in the county next door.

Today at lunch we laughed at how desperate we must of been.

In the photo below you can see the dust being blown from the empty field beside the cemetery.

Lutheran Cemetery
McPherson Co., KS


I found two stones that noted the family as pioneers for the area.

Erickson Stone

Ingman Stone

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine the potential for dust damage on your cameras, Gale! Nice to see the stones record the pioneer connection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.