----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Riverdale Porterdale Cemetery Foundation, Inc.

Several years ago a foundation was established to restore and maintain the three city owned cemeteries in my hometown of Columbus, GA. As a donor I received an application to become a charter member of the Dales Society being established for the foundation. This foundation covers Riverdale, Porterdale and East Porterdale cemeteries.

I spent most of January back home taking care of my Daddy. I was pleased with the improvements I saw that were completed and those in progress. My Mama, 4 sisters, Grandma, Great-Grandma, Great Aunts and Uncles and others are buried at the cemeteries, most being in Riverdale.

My Mama - Riverdale Cemetery

A website has been established. And I found a video on YouTube that describes the efforts:

2 comments:

  1. The foundation sounds awesome! We have relatives in Georgia too! Love the video...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.