----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Friday, September 13, 2013

I missed my birthday

Not really, I remembered, but I didn't celebrate or blog about it.

I've been busy with my photography business and I've taken a little break from blogging. That hasn't stopped me from taking cemetery walks though. 

Long car rides are not how I like to spend my time. So, when visiting my son we drive halfway. In early August we made the trip to welcome him home from his second deployment in Afghanistan. Coming home we stopped in Springfield, MO and I visited 3 cemeteries: Hazelwood, Springfield National and Temple Israel. 

I checked my list of walks and the count is 348 cemeteries in which I have taken photos. The big question I must answer by the end of my new flickr year is do I keep paying to have them online? What will happen to them when I step into eternity? I don't have time (or the desire - don't ask) to put them on Find-A-Grave. I've considered contacting and donating to Ancestry.com (would they even want them?). Do you have any suggestions? I'd love to hear from you.

Civil War Headstones, Union Headstones
Springfield National Cemetery

P.S. It's my 5th blog birthday

1 comment:

  1. You could donate them to the Association for Gravestone Studies. They keep an archive at one of the university libraries. I forget which one just now... But I'm sure they'd love to have your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.