----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Crosses everywhere

St. Fidelis Cemetery
Victoria, KS



This picture barely shows the vast number of crosses in this catholic cemetery. When I stepped out of the car it almost took my breath away. There is much craftmanship and beauty in this small rural cemetery. There are some I will feature individually in future blogs.



The newer burials are in the back portion of the cemetery so from the roadside you see all of these ornate crosses and other unique headstones. I had a hard time taking a cemetery walk. I wanted to run to each one so that I had time to see them all.

2 comments:

  1. "I wanted to run to each one so that I had time to see them all." -- I LOVE that feeling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those metal crosses are endemic to the central Midwest. They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.