----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Article by Doug Keister

Doug Keister, author of my favorite cemetery books, has an article online that I would like to share with you. Please take time to leave your comments - so they will ask him to write future articles. And, if you are on facebook, stop by and ask him to be your friend so you can keep up with him. He has another book in the works that will be released in 2011.

Here are the books I have:

• Keister, Douglas. Stories in Stone; A Field Guide to Cemetery Symbolism and Iconography. Layton, Utah. Gibbs Smith. 2004.

• Keister, Douglas. Forever Dixie; A Field Guide to Southern Cemeteries and Their Residents. Layton, Utah: Gibbs Smith. 2008.

• Keister, Douglas. Forever L.A.; A Field Guide to Los Angeles Cemeteries and Their Residents. Layton, Utah: Gibbs Smith. 2010.

• Keister, Douglas. Going Out In Style; The Architecture of Eternity. New York: Facts on File, Inc. 1997.

1 comment:

  1. I consult the books authored by Douglas Keister very often in my research!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.