----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bucket List

As I surf through blogland and see so many interesting cemeteries I often say "I gotta go there". Reality is most I will never see. Some however must make the bucket list.

Arlington National Cemetery
Green-Wood Cemetery [NY]
St. Pauls Chapel [NY] did a drive by but they wouldn't stop :(
Oakland [GA]
Bellefontaine [MO]

Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. I would be interested in knowing what cemeteries are on your bucket list or you think should be on mine.

For anyone in the Columbus, GA area [100 miles sw of Atlanta - on the Alabama border - on the Chattahoochee River] you must see the historic Linwood Cemetery. It takes days to take it all in. This is my hometown and I am soooooo sorry I did not have a love of cemeteries when I lived there. The eastern states have some of the most wonderful cemeteries. I am hoping to make another visit this year as soon as the weather cools down a bit. Oh, and see family while there too! ;) The photo at the top of my blog was taken at Linwood.


Another is the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Tarrytown, NY. I didn't get enough time [do we ever?] to really explore like I wanted to but I feel in love [is that weird?] with it. I do hope to go again next year if possible.

3 comments:

  1. If you check out Bellefontaine in MO you should also check out Calvary which is across the street from it. Both are well worth it and I actually liked Calvary better. Plan a whole day because I spent 5 hrs in the two and still missed alot. But couldn't talk my hubby into any more time. And if you ever get up North to Philadelphia, PA you MUST go see Laurel Hill Cemetery. You can see many of my finds on my blog. It is by far my favorite so far. I like your idea of a bucket list I am gonna have to make me one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Arlington, and it's definitely a must-see. I haven't been to Oakland, either, which I'm ashamed to admit. I like the other ones you mentioned. Would also add all the famed ones in Louisiana to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start working on my Bucket List...thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.