----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Monday, February 6, 2012

New vs Old

I recently spent almost a month in Georgia setting up care for my Daddy. After his stroke last year he was left with some limitations and requires help with some things. His brother lived with him and I hired someone to help. Both my Uncle and the other person died within 4 days of each other. My Uncle's death was a shock. He was a late in life baby for my Grandma. Daddy was 18 when he was born and my Uncle was only 6 years older than me. I had to scramble to get there and figure out what to do. Hopefully, the plans in place will meet his needs.

Before returning home I visited the cemetery where the person was buried that helped take care of my Daddy. Upon arriving I found a small cemetery tucked away from a busy area of town. Upon walking the grounds I was left wondering why half of the cemetery is cared for and the other half neglected. Perhaps there is more of a story there that I will discover another time.

Patrick Cemetery
Columbus, GA




1 comment:

  1. It's always sad to see that. Glad you're able to be home again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.